Jacksonville Aviation Authority staff continue to work with subject matter experts at the local, state and federal levels to monitor COVID-19. The State of Florida has declared a Public Health Emergency.
It is important to wash your hands with soap regularly to avoid potentially spreading the disease. Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout our general aviation facilities (Cecil Airport, JAXEX at Craig Airport and Herlong Recreational Airport). In addition, janitorial staff will increase cleaning of high-touch areas.
In response to COVID-19, each JAA General Aviation airport has also implemented the following procedures:
- JAA office spaces are closed. Each airport is only staffed by essential personnel
- FBO Building is closed but FBO is OPEN.
- Airport ID badges will be delivered via mail to tenant workspaces. (See your Certifying Official for more information.)
- Airport tours are canceled until further notice.
For more information visit the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) website:
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Other helpful links
• Florida Department of Health in Duval County
• U.S. Department of State
• Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Dashboard