Herlong Recreational Airport/Pilot Information
Herlong Recreational (HEG) is a non-towered airport. A variety of different aviation operations occur at Herlong including skydiving, glider flights and flight training. Flying into Herlong, you’re likely to find aircraft ranging from the Goodyear Blimp to a citation jet.
• Asphalt Runways
• Two active runways, all served by full-length parallel taxi-ways
Primary: 7/25; 4,000' x 100'
Secondary: 11/29; 3,500' x 100'
• Runway 7/25 is equipped with medium intensity runway lights, precision approach path indicator lights and runway end identification lights (MIRL, PAPI).
• Runway 11/29 equipped with medium intensity runway lights, and precision approach path indicator lights (MIRL, PAPI)
GPS RWY 25, NDB-A
Nearby Navigational Aids
VOR radial/distance VOR name Freq Var
SGJr314/31.3ST AUGUSTINE VOR/DME109.4006W
• Serviced by Herlong Aviation (FBO)
• Aircraft maintenance facility and two flight schools available on-site