Located approximately 15 miles west of downtown Jacksonville, Florida, Cecil Airport (VQQ) is the Jacksonville Aviation Authority's (JAA) third general aviation airport and fourth airport overall. With easy access to air and rail connections and a deep water port, Cecil Airport 's facilities are ideally suited for aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) operations and a variety of aviation-related industrial and commercial development.
Cecil Airport (VQQ) provides an effective base of operations for corporate aircraft, general aviation, air cargo and National Guard and Reserve aviation. The airport has four, 200-foot wide runways, three of which measure 8,000 feet. The fourth runway is 12,500 feet in length, one of the longest in Florida.
Three reasons why your business should choose Cecil Field (VQQ)
• Location, Location, Location.
Cecil Airport (VQQ) is located in the southwest quadrant of Jacksonville, Florida, in Duval County. Cecil Airport (VQQ) has frontage on I-10, which connects less than ten miles east to I-95. The airport also is close to I-75, another major transportation corridor. Additionally, three commercial railroads, a deep water seaport and Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) all converge here. Road distance to key markets via interstate are: Orlando - 2 hours; Tampa - 3.5 hours; Miami - 5.5 hours and Atlanta - 5.5
• Everybody else is doing it.
With a population of more than one million, the city provides an ideal environment for productivity and growth. Many of the biggest participants in the global economy are based here, including transportation, financial services, and manufacturing industries. In addition, many Fortune 1000 companies maintain significant operations here in Jacksonville.
• We've got what it takes to make you succeed.
Cecil Airport 's assets include:
- Four runways: one at 12,500 feet and three at 8,000 feet
- 537,000 square yards of apron
- Twelve hangars totaling over 1 million square feet
- Over 350,000 square feet of general office and support facilities
- Multimodal function: rail access nearby; deep water port within 30 minutes; easy access to North and South interstates
- Ample recreational facilities and land
- Electricity: Electrical power from Jacksonville Electric Authority with excess of 2,600 megawatts of installed generating capacity
- Natural Gas: 4 inch distribution line
- Fiber-Optics: Advanced telecommunications infrastructure in place throughout northeast Florida, including high-speed digital transmission, 100% self-healing fiber optic ring architecture and enhanced voice application
- Workforce: Currently, four area military bases and a Navy Fleet Readiness Center provide 4,000 annual separates trained in aviation related mechanics
To learn more about aviation property leasing opportunities, please contact:
Jacksonville Aviation Authority
Attn: Jay Cunio, AIA, CCIM
Chief Development Officer (CDO)
14201 Pecan park Road
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
Phone: (904) 741-2004
13365 Aeronautical Circle
Jacksonville, FL 32221
Tel: (904) 573-1611
For site development information, visit the Cecil Commerce Center website (www.cecilcommerce.com)