The Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) Ambassador Program plays an integral part in fulfilling the Jacksonville Aviation Authority’s mission of “Going Beyond, Daily.”
The JAX Airport Ambassador Program was founded to assist travelers in locating such things as arrival and departure gates, telephones, baggage claim, and ticketing areas. Ambassadors provide assistance in a friendly, timely, and courteous manner that promotes a more enjoyable experience for all of our airport passengers.
Becoming an Ambassador
The qualifications to become an Ambassador are:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Ability to approach and communicate comfortably and professionally with a wide variety of individuals
• Ability to interact with fellow Ambassadors and work in a team environment
• Willingness to learn about all aspects of the airport
• Commit to one shift per week or a minimum of two per month
• Have a good understanding of basic technology (email, internet, etc)
• Be fingerprinted and pass the required background check to obtain a security badge
In appreciation of their efforts, Ambassadors receive a meal voucher redeemable at various airport restaurants for every four-hour shift. They also receive complimentary parking at the terminal. For many of our ambassadors, the greatest reward is the gratitude of the passengers.
If you are interested in becoming a JAX Airport Ambassador, please fill out the online application here.
If you have questions about the JAX Airport Ambassador program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.